Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sundays in the Market w/ Daphne

Now that I'm back in Ballard, I look forward to spending Sundays, after my pundit shows, at the Ballard Sunday Farmers Market. Today, I was lucky enough to spend it with a dear friend who normally works on Sundays as a nutritionist near University Village, and it was a very special day -- her birthday -- and I'm so touched she decided to spend it with me. We got to browse and taste through some wonderful vendors who make my weekly trips so worthwhile.

One of my favorite stops every week, Taylor Shellfish. This week,
looks like Bill's got geoduck. Sigh, if only I knew how to cook it.

As always, a long line for Veraci Pizza.
It's amazing to me that they bring their stone oven with them every week

Artisan-made bowls for the Empty Bowls Fundraiser to benefit the Ballard Food Bank

Of course a nutritionist would be looking at the fresh produce

Tasting some seasoned nuts
Yes, this guy gives architectural advice for 5 cents.
A great way to spend an afternoon, tasting wines at Portalis



No comments: