Friday, July 11, 2008

Cooking and Entertaining

One nice thing about living on my own is I can cook again. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I hosted my first dinner party last week to celebrate Independence Day, and I couldn't think of a more appropriate occasion.

My friend, David, had the idea to make fish tacos. He had just moved back to Seattle from San Diego and was already missing his mother's fantastic Mexican cooking. He arrived early with his partner, Phillip, armed with a fantastic filet of fish, tortillas and other fixings. The only things missing were the recipe and the desire to cut up the fish.

So, while the two of them played Wii, I cut up the fish, seasoned panko breadcrumbs, and proceeded to improvise some fish tacos for everyone. I fried up the fish, grilled the tortillas, stuffed them with the fish, cabbage, and tomatoes, then topped them with Zane & Zack's Honey-Chipotle Salsa mixed with sour cream. I have to say, they turned out pretty well. Perhaps it was the fact they were served on my china, or more likely the fortified margaritas.

No comments: