Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle

Super Amazing Kimpton Hotel Suite
Seattle, WA

At first, I had no idea where I was when I woke up at 3:30 this morning. Although, to be fair, it's more like 6:30 to me. This place is almost the size of my apartment. The bedroom portion itself is already sizeable, but there is also an offset livingroom/den/office space, even a kitchen sink. A nice upgrade perk thanks to my new status as an Inner Circle member for Kimpton hotels. I don't know why I feel guilty for having such luxuries all to myself, at least one of my best friends got to hang out for a bit while I checked in and got ready for post-dinner cocktails/dessert. I had better enjoy this while it lasts. I'll have two weeks of having to wake up in unknown surroundings and I don't think any of them will be as spacious as this.

It started to hit me, while I was driving my car yesterday, that this could be the longest couple of weeks of my life. I've never done a road trip for more than a few days, let alone by myself. Why am I doing this again?

All I know is I have to, despite being tested and tempted to do otherwise. Just the other day, I got a good offer on my car. When I posed the question on Facebook about whether to sell my car or keep it, overwhelmingly, everyone suggested I sell. And it was hard for me to leave home because of my air-conditioning issues and worries about my cat baking at home. Yet, I'm here now.

No comments: