Sunday, August 1, 2010

As I was saying

That rainstorm was a "friendly" reminder that this city where I left my heart is also known as the rainiest city in North America. A fact simply proven yesterday.
That aside, I still love Vancouver. Top ten reasons why:
10. No high fructose corn syrup. Seriously, it makes a difference. Just taste the Heinz ketchup here.

9. Great public transportation.

8. Beautiful high-rise buildings, most of which are residential.

7. Pretty money.

6. If you see a well-dressed man, wondering if he's gay or European is futile.

5. It's safe. Far safer than the United States. Although to be fair, Seattle is pretty safe, too.

4. Hiking up Grouse Mountain.

3. Midnight Market, just like in Asia.

2. Hot dog vendors. There's Japadog, but even the regular vendors have outstanding dogs, grilled to perfection with a variety of delicious sauces.

1. Style. Everyone here has got style, even the elder ladies.
I admit, not the most clever or most thought out right now. Just want to get this done so I can go watch the parade and play on the beach.

No comments: