Sunday, April 24, 2011

KFC's Double-Down's Got Nothin on Duffy's Monster Burger

Holy moly, I thought I'd heard it all, but Duffy's Irish Pub in the U Street Corridor serves the Monster Burger which is a 1/2 pound burger that uses grilled cheese sandwiches (with tomatoes, I might add) as its buns is something else. I already consider a grilled cheese sandwich indulgent, but two? And then for them to embrace a whole 1/2 pound of beef?


Of course we didn't stop there. What better to accompany such a monstrosity? Cheesy tater tots and peppery buffalo wings.


Worth it? Definitely, especially when washing it all down with a pitcher of beer. Maybe not the wings so much, not because they were bad, just a bit too peppery for us. (Yes, there was an "us." Think I could have eaten all that by myself? -- OK, ya you're right, I probably could have.) I'll have to try the Sweet & Spicy or the Chesapeake Wings next time.

Duffy's Irish Pub
2106 Vermont Ave, NW
Washington, DC
202-265-3413

No comments: