Saturday, March 7, 2009

Manifesting Yumminess

Last night as I was walking my dog, I was pondering what to do for dinner. I evaluated what I had in my fridge and the condition of my kitchen and decided it would be best to pick up something. I am blessed to live in a commercial area that is abundant with gourmet delights to fit just about any craving and budget, so I thought about what I wanted. First of all, I didn't want to walk too far. I just got home from work, so was still in heels (lesson: change shoes when walking dog) and it was friggin cold. I wanted something quick, healthy-ish, yummy and cheap.



It was as if the clouds parted and the sun beamed on the corner of NW Market and 20th. There was this sandwich board that called out to me. Needless to say, I was intrigued. In the old Patty Pan Grill space is now GreenGo Food, a quick-food takeout place for those who support the slow food, buy local, and organic/natural movements.


Behind the counter was Dylan Stockman, a friendly host who happily shared the story of his new storefront and its food philosophy. All ingredients are organic and local, whenever possible, and use compostable items. They have a relationship with the farms they buy from and even list them on a sheet of paper just below their menu. I settled on the cheeseburger and non-fries, and for next time, I really want to try their polenta or all-day breakfast. Dylan and his family are a very welcome addition to the magic that is Ballard. Welcome to the neighborhood!

No comments: