Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaBloPoMo

I seem to be getting a message from above that it's time for me to hanker down on my writing. Not only did I sign up for NaNoWriMo and was invited to sign up as a writer laureate at Hugo House, but now I've sined up for NaBloPoMo, in which I am pledging to write a blog post EVERY day for a month. So, here it is, my first blog post for the month of November. Luckily there is no theme, but anyone have any guesses on what I'll be writing about?

After a fun Halloween of tarot card reading at BonzaBash in the W Hotel, my colleague Julie and I decided to spend our tips on a fun breakfast at Hurricane. It was my first time and while very crowded, got great service from the waitstaff who were kind enough to alert us that our special requests (hashbrowns well done and a drink from the bar) would cause us to have to wait even longer. Food was good, otherwise, and I'm glad to know of a late-night place close to home besides Beth's Cafe which seems to always be cleaning whenever I come in. I don't know about you, but I really don't find the smell of ammonia very appetizing.

No comments: