Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tavolata

For some reason or another, I've never tried any of Ethan Stowell's restaurants. Ethan is one of Seattle's most renowned chefs and his restaurants, Union, Tavolàta, How to Cook a Wolf, and Anchovies & Olives are some of the hippest places to dine. Tonight, I finally got to try Tavolata, and in the kitchen was Ethan Stowell, the man himself. I had actually seen him speak on a panel a couple of nights prior at Foodportunity. I tried pork cheeks for the first time, and while I thought I loved pork belly, the tender richness and tastiness of the pork cheeks give the belly a run for my favorite pig-part. Dessert was a ginormous helping of homemade donuts with a hint of lemon. Between the pork and a few of the donuts, I was sent home with basically a full meal for the next day.

No comments: